Monday, October 28, 2013

Life....

...sometimes i really wish i was more decisive!
i set myself targets or aims in life and always end up getting close to them and then changing my mind or chickening out!

an example of this would be my australian dream. i so want to go but every time i think about it i find something else to occupy my time with.

recently (with the help of this blog) some pretty amazing things have been happening in life which have confused me even further.









over the last few months i have been busy in the kitchen cooking and baking, sharing with you all via the blog and twitter. i've had some amazing comments from readers and chefs alike, including GBBO, Ching-he Huang, John Whaite and Nigel Slater.

my boss took me to a conference at work and encouraged me to follow my passion in cooking and told me to contact someone within the company to see if there was any work i could do around food. amazingly with one small email i was offered some work experience with the product development team. i just need to organise a time to go, and find myself somewhere to stay in London whilst working in the city.

after watching this years bake off i am even more determined to apply for GBBO 2014. so i've made a decision!

when the applications open i am going to take the leap and apply. if i'm lucky enough to get through then i will do my best and get as far as i can.

should i not get through i'm going to return to college and spend some of my savings doing a course in either patisserie, professional chefing...is that a word? or something along those lines.

and then finally i'll go to australia before i turn 30 and use my new skills to work my way around the country. they are crying out for chefs apparently!

so i've got my revised plan..i just need to stick to it!





Total Saving
£1,500



2 comments:

  1. You should DEFINITELY apply for GBBO - the worst that can happen is that you don't get in, and that shouldn't deter you from pursuing your baking dreams! And then when you get through to the live shows, I can say that I read your blog way back when...don't forget the little people when you're a big baking star ;)

    And congrats on the work experience - so great that you have such a brill plan and the motivation to go for it!

    Hannah's Haven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! If i don't get in i have decided that its what i want to do so i'm going to take some risks!

      You can be my number one stalker if i get on the show if you wish?! the vacancy is still open haha

      Delete