Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Forget 2 broke girls, its all about The Broke Boy

this week I turn 25 #facepalm

what have i done so far i hear you ask? depends on your point of view i guess.
I finished school and went to college to study graphic design, finished the course and got a place at university. i then graduated uni with a 2:2 in Graphic design after 4 years.



all the while holding down a part time job which i could transfer between when at home and at uni.

i then came back home and got full time hours with the same company, got a promotion...and have yet to use my degree....i graduated 3 years ago.


i dont know what it was but uni changed my mind on the things i was doing. i expected the life of a graphic designer to be full of fun adventures looking for inspiration (im sure it is for those who actually do it), but the way that uni lecturers go about briefs makes it so incredibly dull. they suppress your creativity and make you churn out the same thing over and over and over again.

i might get back into it one day but for now i need to find something new that excites me.



i saved my money and booked a trip to the big apple with a friend and we had the most amazing time. i promised myself i would do more adventuring but sadly life took over.

this time last year i was admitted into hospital after having quite a serious hypo, iv been diabetic since i was 7 and this was the first time iv ever had to go in. when this happened i realised that life is short and things needed to change.


i needed to stop doing my usual every day routine, getting out of bed and hauling myself to work followed by coming home and face planting the pillow all to wake up and do the same thing again the following day.
it was about time i stop dreaming about things i want to do and actually do them!

however a year on im still pretty much in the same place.

so now that im turning 25 its actually time to do something. to ensure i do the things i dream of im going to blog out it. im going to try and do one thing every day that makes me happy and save for the big dreams and make them a reality.

lets get this show on the road, broke boy style!



£0
+£100
Total Saving
£100


7 comments:

  1. I just realised I commented in the wrong place, I'm sorry, the comment I posted on the other blog post was supposed to be for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about it :D just nice to get some comments!! I'll reply on the other one

    ReplyDelete
  3. im in second year of uni in London and I totally understand what you mean about lecturers suppressing your creativity, its very frustrating. Sorry to hear about your diabetes, i hope you're better now. Loving your blog so far!

    http://eznira.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny isn't it, I think its a mix of them creating boundaries so everyone is easier to mark and doing it constantly for such a long period of time. 5 years of education without really having any pay from it can really kill it.

      Never mind I think I have found my new love in Baking so maybe thats the best way to get my creativity back...can design all my own stuff as well....win win!

      My diabetes has been fine since going into hospital, turns out it was a major mistake on the hospital/doctors behalf but its all been sorted now and im feeling much better for it!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm your and mine work life sounds so similar although we are two extremely different professionals i am into sales and marketing working with a five star hotel and my life has also become so monotonous and even i have big dreams but they seems to be burdened by this work load
    so i decided that ill bounce back to my dreamy life by writing what all is interesting me too will turn 25this June :) so some where or the other we are on the same track is what i feel great going boy :)

    http://livinglifequeensize.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to hear from someone feeling the same way about life and work.
      Since the beginning i wanted to use this blog as a spring board to bigger things and its already helped me realise what it is i want to do and what i am capable of doing! Hopefully your own blog will do the same for you!

      Alex

      Delete
  5. @Alex
    hmmm i was really amazed when i saw or rather read that we have so much of similarity in our lifes
    starting from the work factor till the age factor...
    I mean like you are the first person who I found is so similar to myself :) its really good to know you dear hope you do and get everything that you have dreamt of :)

    wishes and love

    Debashree

    http://livinglifequeensize.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete